May will be a busy month for us in both our homeschool and personal worlds. There are a lot of things on the T0-Do list with spring finally here and homeschool winding down. The focus of May is to finish the third Z Newspaper and start a unit called “A Tale of Two Cities”. This unit will look at both Boston and Philadelphia and allow the whole family to compare and contrast both cities and decide which we like better. This will include a visit to both cities to explore!!
At the end of the month, Z is having a Portfolio Night to showcase all he has learned this year. The plan is to have both a live and virtual showing of his learning so that his grandparents can all participate. It will be a busy month with baseball, all of our homeschool classes winding down and other projects that need to get done. We are looking forward to a great month, here is what we have planned.
1. Put together Z’s Wacky Alphabet Book
2. Finish the last edition of the Z News
3. Daily Read Aloud Time (Lots of books about Boston and Philadelphia and the Mysterious Benedict Society)
4. Site Words, Review of long and short vowels
5. Journal Writing/Story Writing
6. Portfolio Reflections
1. Place Value
2. Working on Book 4 of Life of Fred Series
3. Practicing Addition, Subtraction and Simple Multiplication facts
4. Greater Than and Less Than
1. Nature Class-Spring Animals
2. Herb Fairies
3. Planetarium Class
1. Tale of Two Cities Block
2. Continue to follow the Tougas Family as they travel the Appalachian Trail!!
2. Water Color Painting
4. Bike Riding
1. LEGO Stop Motion Animation
1. Games and Songs in Spanish
2. Spending a weekend with a Spanish speaker from Honduras
1. Drawing and Watercolors
2. Boston and Philadelphia Brochures/Posters